Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Serendipity

I always say inspiration can come from anywhere, and I am a big one for just seeing something out of the corner of my eye, a shape, a colour, whatever, and it grabbing me.






So I was watching The Culture Show on bbc iplayer the other night and they were discussing the new Coen Brothers film, No Country for Old Men. Look closely as Mandy says (which i love because it reminds me of children's books), there is a lovely shape in the background. I think they are hanging cables but I love that loop shape.







So here is a new pattern.







and here are some milk bottles.





Milk bottles have taken over my life since my first milk bottles post. These are all works in progress and fiddle-faddles (that's not the right word, but you know what I mean).




6 comments:

  1. *sigh* i heart you, i really do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. funnily enough as soon a i saw that illustration, i thought of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome print! and great inspiration, that movie is something else. highly recommend it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. they look like horse shoes, which sit really well on the milk bottle outlines, although milks mainly from cows & don't wear horseshoes &, &, & I'll shut up now ! (thanks for the mention x)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so I am not the only crazy one who looks around the people in tv and movies.

    good spotting, and lovely organic shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a wonderful place to gain inspiration from! how observant of you!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!