Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Wip - cotton reels




Hello sweets. Not too much to report this week. I'm busy getting stock in before my summer hols in a couple of weeks, so that when I come back I'll be ready to open up again. I don't like having to close my shop but it's so good just to switch off and know that I don't have to check email every day. Although...I possibly still will...probably. Might even post some pics up here now again. Above is a WIP thumbnail of my cotton reels print. Cotton reels? Spools?

I shall spare you any more babble. Have a lovely week. x

11 comments:

  1. such a sweet illustration
    I have a bit of a thing for spools and reels
    enjoy your holidays

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the full sized print, love the sketchy feel of it! I love old cotton reels and sewing bits and bobs, I recently aquired quite a lot of random stuff from my nan and I loved every minute having a good ol' rummage!xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh love this. Really really cool. lou x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are fabulous! Really loving this one Francesca. Hope you have a great holiday. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Francesca!
    You make me smile with your lack of commitment to real time off! I know exactly how you feel!XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking fab Francesca… particularly the Clarks woody texture. Can't wait to see the finished shebang.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely adore this piece! Head over heels in luv.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely adore this piece! Head over heels in luv.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was drawing a cotton reel today, loving yours Frn, where are u off on holiday? hopefully some where sunny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous! I was lucky enough to find a whole heap of old spools not long ago in a charity shop. There's something about them isn't there?

    P.S - are they new link buttons to the right of your blog or am I losing it? Either way, very nice! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. yes new-ish link buttons claire. thank you, it needed an update.

    mandy - yes sunny, please sunny! france, then spain.

    thanks all. x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!