Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Boot camp





I've succumbed to the Lilla Roger's Boot Camp. I've heard really good things about the Make Art that Sells course and really, that's the one I'd love to do, as it has loads of industry and portfolio tips, but it's a bit pricey for me right now, so I'm doing the slightly cheaper but still fun boot camp. 

It's slower paced, over 6 months and really, that's all I need right now, to give me a little kick start. 

The truth is I miss school! I'm the teachers pet in the art room who did extra work at lunch time because I loved it so much. And when I think about art school now, I really miss it. I miss projects. I give myself projects, briefs I concoct myself, but it's not the same as being given a professional brief and doing your very best.

On Mondays I help out in year 3 art at the boys' school, and I have to say I love it. Right now they are making Tudor portraits, painting them, then collaging bits of ornate fabric and buttons, and all I want to do is grab piece of board and make one myself!

It's really inspired me.

So hopefully I'll share the odd bit of work here once I get going. x




5 comments:

  1. I'd love to go back to school and learn something too. I'm thinking ceramics!!! I'd love to learn to build beautiful bowls and plant pots, with delicious glazes. Yes please xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided to sign up for it as well. I thought it'd push me out of my comfort zone but give me enough boundaries to keep my ideas focused. I'll be interested to everybody's work process and finished pieces, dauntingly, so many of them seem to have it nailed already whereas I'm still faffing with sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we're only meant to be faffing around with sketches so far nancy :-) i've only done a few coz i've been into my own stuff. but today is the day! i'm trying not to feel daunted by the high standard and ease with which some people seem to work. faff away i say!

      Delete
  3. This sounds great! I'm sure it will inspire you in all sorts of ways.
    I loved the years I taught art club at the boys school... their play and experiment attitude is one we should never forget to tap into. x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great idea, looking forward to seeing some of the results :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, unless they are mean. Thank you!